With its 4,300 employees and 32,500 students, the University of Graz provides an exciting and varied work environment. Given our expertise in research and teaching, we are a central institution in Styria.
The department of German Studies is looking for an
University Assistant without doctorate
(20 hours a week; fixed-term employment for the period of 4 years; position to be filled as of now )
- Participation in research projects (applications, management and research)
- Independent research, focusing on writing a PhD-thesis
- Involvement in teaching, both in terms of independent teaching and participation in the teaching program of the Institute
- Work with undergraduate students
- Organisational and burocratic work
- Completed M.A. studies in a linguistic discipline (especially General Linguistics or German Linguistics)
- Experience with at least one the following methods: corpus linguistics, experimental linguistics
- Basic knowledge in statistics and programming is expected
- Very good skills in formal semantics or formal pragmatics are required
- Good skills in grammar and syntax are expected
- Very good command of English and German are required
- Innovativeness and ability to work independently
- Open minded attitude towards new research questions and methods
- Good communicative and organisational skills
- Social competence and skills (teamplayer)
Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 1365.50 gross/month. This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate, flexible work hours and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
Application Deadline: October 11th 2017
Reference Number: MB/150/99 ex 2016/17
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply.
Especially with regard to academic staff, we welcome applications from persons with disabilities who meet the requirements of the advertised position.
If you are interested, please submit your application documents within the stated deadline. Make sure to indicate the reference number on your application including a motivational letter (1 page), a proposal for a PhD project (2 pages in English), a short CV (1 page), a longer CV (max 3 pages), the name and address of two persons who are ready to provide a letter of recommendation, in one single PDF file to:
For all further Information contact me, Edgar Onea (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please forward to anyone interested.